There are several ways to identify an area where you can contribute to Connext:
- The easiest way is just to join our and introduce yourself in general channel saying “I want to help!”. We’ll work with you to find an area for you to contribute
- If you have a specific contribution in mind, confirm whether the contribution is appropriate first by reaching out in the group.
- If you do not have a specific contribution in mind, you can also browse the issues labelled as help wanted on the
- Issues that additionally have the good first issue label are considered ideal for first-timers
We believe one of the things that makes Connext special is its coherent design and we seek to retain this defining characteristic. From the outset we defined some guidelines to ensure new contributions only ever enhance the project:
- : Code in the project should meet the style guidelines, with sufficient test-cases, descriptive commit messages, evidence that the contribution does not break any compatibility commitments or cause adverse feature interactions, and evidence of high-quality peer-review
- : The Connext project’s culture is one of small pull-requests, regularly submitted. The larger a pull-request, the more likely it is that you will be asked to resubmit as a series of self-contained and individually reviewable smaller PRs.
- : If the feature will require ongoing maintenance (eg support for a particular brand of database), we may ask you to accept responsibility for maintaining this feature